Getting Social-Daily Social Media Activity
Traversing the tumultuous waters of social media can seem daunting for many. Many business owners aren’t certain how to even engage on a basic level, let alone create a thorough checklist of daily responsibilities to keep the company’s social media presence viable.
That’s where we come in. This is the second blog in the “Getting Social” series, designed to give you insight into how social media works and create best practices that work for you and your business.
So, what should your daily social media activities consist of? Check out the tips below:
Daily Social Media Activity
· Respond to messages: Think of social media as customer support. It’s key to engage with the customers who are proactively reaching out to your brand.
· Monitor and respond to brand mentions: Sometimes customers will tag you in the post. Be sure to engage, respond, comment, like and address concerns.
· Find and engage with potential customers: Monitor for mentions of keywords that indicate that someone is looking for a product similar to yours.
· Post three to six times on Twitter – Memes, videos, articles, news, photos, you can post anything that gives people insight into your brand. Be sure to respond to mentions.
· Post one to two times on Facebook: With Facebook constantly changing algorithms it can be tough to keep content in people’s newsfeeds. A good rule of thumb is to post twice per day, but nothing too promotional.
· Post one to two times to LinkedIn: We suggest posting once per day.
· Monitor the competition: Following the competition can give you an idea of what type of content resonates with your shared audience and which of their social followers may not be happy with their products.
· Work on a blog post: Ideally, you should be blogging at least once per week. Blogs should be between 300-500 words.